The Clinician's Guide to
At Ease, Soldier!
TREATMENT MANUAL FOR CLINICIANS
WORKING WITH COMBAT VETERANS
- • Structured 12-Session Program for Using At Ease, Soldier! How to Leave the War Downrange and Feel at Home Again
- • Homework Assignments and Reproducible Handouts
- • Lamination and Lay-Flat Binding to Ensure Durability and to Facilitate Photocopying of Handouts
This guide was developed for clinicians working with active duty service members and veterans who have served in combat and is intended to be used in conjunction with At Ease, Soldier! How to Leave the War Downrange and
Feel at Home Again (AES).
The guide is organized into three basic sections:
- • Theoretical basis for understanding combat veterans’ behavior
- • Application of theory for use of AES in a structured 12-session program
- for group or individual therapy
- • Resources to help therapists learn more about soldiers’ combat
This practical and user-friendly guide is being used with AES in inpatient and outpatient clinical settings. It is also being used as a resource for programs and courses at universities and colleges. It provides everything a clinician needs to implement the program with active duty service members and veterans using AES to work through their post-deployment issues in individual or group therapy.